What can the PIM Matrix can do for you?
The PIM Matrix and the terminology it includes provide a framework for a standardized understanding of PIM Categories and illustrate the full spectrum of humanitarian response to the situation of displaced persons.
Tip: First read the PIM Matrix cover page before working with or reviewing the Matrix.
WHY PIM CATEGORIES?
- Organize thinking,
- Understand basic rules,
- Speak clearly within our community and teams,
- Communicates important ideas beyond an insider group,
- Allow for improvements and effective responses,
- Create common understanding,
WHAT ARE THE PIM CATEGORIES?
- Protection Monitoring,
- Protection Needs Assessment,
- Case Management,
- Population Data,
- Protection Response Monitoring and Evaluation,
- Communicating with(in) Affected Communities,
- Security & Situational Awareness,
- Sectoral Systems/Other,
WHAT CRITERIA ARE REFLECTED UNDER EACH OF THE PIM CATEGORIES IN THE MATRIX?
- Sub-category examples
- Specific examples (tools)
- Output (data and information)
- Shared Data (with protection actors only)